Blach is an award-winning company in many respects – building expertise, operations, culture, philanthropy – winning numerous accolades on both the state and national levels.
One of the key drivers of this success is found in one of the company’s core values: innovation. Our people challenge themselves to consistently exceed expectations in their work with the knowledge that:
- There is always room for improvement.
- New ideas are welcome and are taken seriously.
- A healthy disregard for the status quo is strongly encouraged.
In the past five years, our firm is proud to be the recipient of the following awards:
- ENR California Best Project of the Year - Worship (Carmel Mission Basilica Historic Preservation/Restoration)
- Named one of the top 10 Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by the San Francisco Business Times/San Jose-Silicon Valley Business Journal 2009, 2010 (#1), 2011 and 2012
- AGC of California Safety Award of Excellence - #1 safety program in California (2010, 2011)
- 2010 CETI Award Winner - Life Cycle Data Management & Info Integration for BIM FM
- Builder of the Private Green Project of the Year (2009, San Jose/Silicon Valley Business Journal)
- AGC Safety Award of Excellence Winner (2009)
- IIDA (International Interior Design Association) Northern California Chapter Honorable Mention Award - Silver Lake Partners corporate office renovation/expansion
- California Preservation Foundation’s Design Awards, Rehabilitation Large category - Allied Arts Guild historic renovation/restoration project
- AIA Santa Clara Valley Chapter Honor Award in the Preservation/Restoration category - Allied Arts Guild historic renovation/restoration project
- Merit Award in 2007 from the AIA California Council - Allied Arts Guild historic renovation/restoration project
1999 - AGC of CA: Top Constructor Awards Finalist for Innovation in Construction Techniques or Materials for Sacred Heart Community Service Building
2000 - AGC of CA: Top Constructor Awards Finalist for Innovation in Construction Techniques or Materials for The Packard Foundation
2004 - Business Journal: Corporate Philanthropy Awards Honoree
2005 - Chamber of Commerce: Building our Community Award
2005 - Business Journal: 50 Private Companies in Silicon Valley
2007 - Business Journal’s Top Corporate Philanthropists
2007 - Business Journal: Top 25 Commercial Contractors
2007 - Business Journal: Top Contractors in California
2008 - AGC of CA: 2nd Place – Safety Award of Excellence
2008 - Raffle Insurance LTD: Fleet Safety Award
2009 - California Construction: Top Contractors in California
2010 - AGC of CA: Top Constructor Awards Finalist for Innovation in Construction Techniques or Materials for The Gordon and Betty Moore