Blach views employees as valuable assets in which to invest and nurture over the long term. This has been our “investment strategy” for more than 42 years and it is paying great dividends for both the company and its people.
We invest in people through strong mentorship programs, our unique Blach Leadership Development (BLD) program, active participation on collaborative project teams, and through Blach University -- our comprehensive internal training program.
Like any good training program, Blach-U is designed to offer courses on technical topics such as Project Management, Planning & Scheduling, Project Financial Reporting and LEED® to help advance technical building skills. But the program seeks to develop the whole person, not just the builder. So it also offers courses to help enhance soft skills like Presentation/Communication, Stress Management, Personal Financial Planning, Negotiating Skills and many others.
We offer a variety of other professional development and growth opportunities by:
- Offering extensive external and internal training, coaching and mentoring.
- Using well-known experts in organizational and process development, communication skills and public speaking for internal training.
- Providing internal LEED exam preparation courses.
- Exposing you to different types of projects and management styles.
- Encouraging and subsidizing professional development courses.
- Subsidizing related master’s degree work in CM, CE or business.
- Encouraging and supporting professional trade association memberships, including ASCE, ACI, AGC, IFMA, ASHE, AIA and USGBC.
- Promoting from within the company.
- Managing our growth at a rate that provides excellent middle and senior management opportunities.
How do we measure the return on our investment? Our people excel at what they do and are highly productive team members; they are leaders in the industry and in the communities we serve; and they are extremely happy.