Providing complete services to clients throughout California.
On each and every project, the Blach team works closely with clients to create a customized solution that provides a roadmap for success. This roadmap takes into consideration typical factors such as the project budget and schedule.
But because of Blach’s breadth of service options and building experience, we are able to look at additional dynamics and apply the best solutions to optimize the project.
Once the project team has a clear understanding of a client’s needs and goals, it may propose employing an alternative project delivery method, identify innovative opportunities for sustainability, offer ways to enhance the energy efficiency of the building, or leverage virtual design and construction tools (BIM) to eliminate waste and build complex aspects of the design more effectively.
The following is a list of Blach Construction’s services and resources:
- Construction management
- Program management
- LEED/sustainability consultation
- Integrated Energy Services (IES)
- Preconstruction services
- Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- Mechanical/Electrical/Plumbing (MEP) design and engineering
Blach embraced the "Lean way" of thinking long before it was the latest buzzword in the construction industry. Our staff is always looking for ways to eliminate waste in any facet of our operations. One of our core values is innovation, which in part means that we are committed to continuing our Lean development and growth. Examples of how Blach has continued its commitment to being a Lean organization include:
- Removing waste in our accounting process by automating vendor invoice approvals. The completely electronic system allows for faster routing, streamlines the review and approval loop and speeds prompt payment to our vendors – all without the need to add an additional person or over-tax our existing accounting team.
- Electronic data sharing across all employees and projects to allow open communication and avoid the unnecessary step of creating additional layers of paper or impediments
- Creating a culture of continuous improvement by utilizing plus/delta sessions (lessons learned) after any key project event, corporate event and the conclusion of each project
- Use of a four-week (sometimes six-week depending on the project) look-ahead schedule for project planning
- Selection and implementation an ERP system that consolidates more than 18 separate software programs into one, efficient and connected system to be used across the entire company
- Creating a “Great Ideas” email box for any employee to submit an idea to remove waste, streamline an operation, start something we’re not yet doing or stop something we’re doing that is no longer providing value
We have a dedicated initiative within Blach to continue to develop our people (as well as the clients, architects, subcontractors and consultants that we work with) and utilize the latest Lean tools and techniques. This creates a system of continuous improvement. While Blach is committed to being a Lean organization, these actions translate into improvements in the way we approach each project. Trust is built, commitments are kept, budgets are maintained and projects are delivered on time with the highest level of quality.